Sunday, January 27, 2013

Redeemer Remembered

“For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:  And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:  whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another” (Job 19:25-27).  “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits… Who redeemeth thy life from destruction” (Psalm 103:2-4). 

“I know that my Redeemer lives!”
These words of Job so brightly shined,  
And still today their comfort gives
Enduring hope and peace of mind.   

These words reflect the confidence
Of those who trust in Christ alone. 
He fought and died in our defense
And rose to make His triumph known.

Our ransom was so highly priced,
But God has paid that price in full!
Redemption came by Jesus Christ: 
He gave Himself to save our soul.

How strong our Savior is to save:
By Him the bars of death are broken!
We now behold His empty grave,
Which thus confirms His promise spoken.

The Lord redeemed our souls from hell:  
Upon the cross He paid our debt.
Because He lives, we live as well;
His blessings we should not forget!

For our Redeemer thus esteemed 
Our souls with an eternal worth,
Since by His life we are redeemed
From the destruction of this earth.

We know that Christ will come again
And reign on earth as King of kings.
That day is soon approaching when
We’ll stand with Him and those He brings.

O Lord, we thank You that You came,
And we remember what it cost.
We are redeemed from sin and shame
Because You died to save the lost!

No comments: