Thursday, June 07, 2012

Passover Passion

“Sacrifice and offering Thou didst not desire; Mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast Thou not required.  Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of Me, I delight to do Thy will, O my God: yea, Thy law is within My heart” (Psalm 40:6-8).  “For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us” (1 Corinthians 5:7). 

The sacrifice and offerings
Are not what God desired,
Though these would illustrate the things  
His holiness required.

The offerings that were daily burned
And offerings made for sin
Portrayed our Savior, we have learned,
Till He had entered in.

For Christ, our great Passover Lamb,
Would shed His blood for us,
Though He was still the great I AM,
And no less glorious!

O Lord, how clearly in this Psalm
You spoke of what You’d do.
Your passion gives us joy and calm
Because we trust in You.

No comments: