Saturday, June 02, 2012

Saying Salvation

“Say unto my soul, I am thy Salvation… And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in His salvation” (Psalm 35:3,9).

Say unto my soul, Lord, “I am thy Salvation.”
There’s no one like You who has cared for my soul.
How great is the comfort of Your consolation
As Your name unfolds Your provision so full!

Among Your great names, Lord, which show Your perfection,
You say You’re the Bread, You’re the Light, You’re the Door,
Our Shepherd so good, You’re the great Resurrection,
The Way, and the Vine:  there’s so much to explore!  

O Lord, what a comfort it is to our hearts
As You have assured us by Your faithful name
That You are the Savior alone who imparts
Salvation that washes away sin and shame.

“I am thy Salvation.”  How much that expresses!
Lord, say it again; It’s so pleasant to hear!
It serves as a Fountain that endlessly blesses,
That fills us with joy, and abolishes fear!

No comments: