Saturday, June 09, 2012

Locating the Lord

“They continually say unto me, Where is thy God?... They say daily unto me, Where is thy God?  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me?  Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the Health of my countenance, and my God” (Psalm 42:3,10,11).  “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy is understanding” (Proverbs 9:10). 

Now where is your God?  How often I’ve heard
This question that rises again and again!
But God has been faithful in deed and in word
In spite of the daily denial of men.

Now where is your God?  He’s not hard to find,
If only we honestly open our eyes.
But still there are those who are willfully blind,
Who, in their rebellion, refuse to be wise.

Now where is your God?  It wearies our soul
That so many ask it, and yet will not hear
Historical evidence, Scripture so full,
And all of creation abundantly clear!

Now where is your God?  We’re called to the task
Of showing the truth that the Lord has revealed. 
Be ready to answer all those who will ask
The reason we know that our souls have been healed.

The fear of the Lord is wisdom’s beginning,
So that is the place where our witness should start.
How great is the need of the souls we are winning
To show them this truth that enlightens the heart.

We thank You, O Lord, for the answers You give
To those who are asking about Your location.
So teach us to speak and convincingly live
That others may seek You and find Your salvation.

2 comments:

Christ Is My Passion said...

Great poem! You made some very good points! It bewilders me when people refuse to see the evidence of God that is around them! On the rare times when I get to travel up north to go hiking, and during those times I get see God's breathtaking creation, such as waterfalls, it bewilders me how people will continue to not believe in God and refuse to accept Jesus!

Quiet Time Poems said...

Amen, brother!