Thursday, September 04, 2008

Interrupted by Instruction

"Blessed is the man... in whose spirit there is no guile... Thou art my Hiding Place; Thou shalt preserve me from trouble; Thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. I will instruct thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with Mine eye" (Psalm 32:2,7,8).

Sometimes God may interrupt
A thing or two we say,
And though at times it seems abrupt,
We're better off that way.

Yes, even in the midst of praise
That sings of His perfection,
The Lord, in unexpected ways,
May greet us with correction.

Yet I would rather have instructions
Preserving me from trouble,
Than vain and lofty introductions
That end in moral rubble.

Thank you, Lord, for your reproof
That interrupts our style
To rescue us when we're aloof
And blinded by our guile.

No comments: