Thursday, September 25, 2008

Watchman Wisdom

"As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger to them that send him" (Proverbs 25:13). "So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman... therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me" (Ezekiel 33:7). "I am debtor... both to the wise, and to the unwise. So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the Gospel" (Romans 1:14,15).

I am a messenger that's sent,
A watchman on the wall,
To warn the lost to now repent
And heed the Gospel call.

I am a debtor to the earth,
To give the Gospel's warning
And share its vast, eternal worth,
Rejected by those scorning.

And though they scorn, the charge yet stands
To warn them anyway.
So I will follow God's commands
To watch, to warn, and pray.

No comments: