Friday, September 12, 2008

Throng of His Thoughts

"Many, O Lord my God, are Thy wonderful works which Thou hast done, and Thy thoughts which are to usward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto Thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered... Sacrifice and offering Thou didst not desire... Lo, I come: in the volume of the Book it is written of Me.... The Lord thinketh upon me: Thou are my Help and my Deliverer" (Psalm 40:5-7, 18).

Consider the thoughts of our Lord toward us
That throng us with mercies so kind.
They cannot be reckoned; they're too numerous
To count or to grasp with our mind.

But God has selected, and thus simplified,
Some wonderful thoughts in this throng,
By showing His mercy and truth prophesied,
To give us our joyful new song!

Now in the volume of Scripture I see
His promise to die for my sin!
How precious the truth that He thinks upon me!
It's almost too much to take in!

No comments: