Monday, September 15, 2008

Forever Feasting

"I will unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise Thee, O God, my God. Why art thou cast down, O my soul?" (Psalm 43:4,5). "He that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast" (Proverbs 15:15).

The world has laughter that quickly subsides;
The Lord has a joy that's exceedingly great.
I'd rather have joy that forever abides,
Than laughter that's hiding an unhappy state.

I'll go to the source of my heavenly joy,
To God and His altar at Calvary's cross.
There I will sing and my praises employ,
For saving my soul from such infinite loss.

And then I will say to my soul that's cast down,
Why do you eat at this table of gloom?
You ought to be feasting; get rid of your frown,
And come to the table of joy— there is room!

The Lord has prepared a continual feast!
Come eat of His bread and drink of His wine.
These tokens remind us His love never ceased,
And our Savior's love shall never decline!

No comments: