Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fountain Found

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after Thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?" (Psalm 42:1,2). "The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death" (Proverbs 14:27).

My soul is panting as a deer
That thirsts for water brooks.
This desert has no water here,
No matter where one looks.

Yet I have found a Fountainhead,
Not from this world's well,
But in the fear of God instead
That bids us turn from hell.

This world's snares of death abound,
And all her wells are dry.
But heaven's Fountain has been found
Whose waters satisfy!

Come and satisfy your thirst
Where godly fear begins.
Flee from fountains dry and cursed,
And wash away your sins!

No comments: