Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Condtions for Converting

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.... Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and uphold me with Thy free Spirit. THEN will I teach transgressors Thy ways, and sinners shall be converted unto Thee" (Psalm 51:10,12,13).

There are conditions I should heed
Before I seek to win
And point a soul to this great need:
Deliverance from sin.

It starts within my attitude:
My need for a clean heart,
A spirit in me that's renewed,
A spiritual new start.

I daily need my joy restored
That springs from God's salvation,
And from the Spirit of the Lord
I find my liberation.

THEN and surely only then
I know I'll be prepared
To teach God's ways to other men
Who are by sin ensnared.

Teach me, Lord, and I shall teach
The truth You have asserted.
Cleanse me, Lord, that I may reach
A soul yet unconverted.

No comments: