Saturday, December 22, 2007

Good Gifts

"Return unto thy rest, O my soul, for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee. For Thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.... What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me?" (Psalm 116:7,8,12). "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning" (James 1:17).

Every good gift that comes from above,
Is always bestowed with heaven's perfection.
Our Lord is the Giver of these gifts is love
And in them we see our Father's reflection.

What shall I render for all that He gives,
In view of the price that my Savior has paid?
My soul that was dead because of Him lives,
My tears have been dried, my feet are now stayed.

I'll offer to Him my life in return,
A token of worship, thanksgiving, and praise.
For all I might give I know could not earn
The good gifts our heavenly Father displays.

No comments: