Saturday, December 15, 2007

Able Advocate

"I will greatly praise the Lord with my mouth; yea, I will praise Him among the multitude. For He shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul" (Psalm 109:30,31). "Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:25).

I will greatly praise the Lord,
My Advocate forever.
He ever lives to thus afford
My soul an Intercessor.

Standing at my own right hand
He is my sure Defender
That no accuser can withstand,
Nor condemnation render.

I know the verdict for my soul,
And "guilty" is my plea,
But Jesus Christ has paid in full
My judgment's penalty.

My Savior shows His marks of love:
No charges now I face!
He intercedes for me above,
And here I rest my case.

No comments: