Sunday, June 04, 2006

Similitudes of the Sinner

"And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This Man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them. And He spake this parable to them, saying... Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost... for I have found the piece which I had lost... Let us eat, and be merry, for this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found" (Luke 15:1-24).

This Man receives and eats with sinners;
How true we find this claim!
This Man turns losers into winners;
Christ Jesus is His name!

Like a sheep a shepherd lost
(All we have gone astray),
He knew the suffering and the cost,
And sought us anyway.

Like a coin you lost, and thus
You searched for all around,
Just so the Lord has likened us,
Rejoicing when we're found.

Like a lost son left to roam,
Regretting then his choice,
Jesus woos the sinner home,
And calls us to rejoice!

No comments: