Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sanctuary Sights

"I was envious at the foolish.... Until I went into the sanctuary of God: then understood I their end.... So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before Thee. Nevertheless I am continually with Thee: Thou hast held me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but Thee? And there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee" (Psalm 73:2,17-25).

What a sight for weary eyes
The sanctuary can afford!
Here the foolish is made wise,
And stills his heart before the Lord.

In the sanctuary now
I see God's holiness.
Rebel mockers soon will bow
And shall His name confess.

Here my foolishness I see;
I did not understand!
Still, O Lord, You stood with me
And held me by my hand.

Lord, You will guide me here on earth,
And afterwards to glory.
In earth or heaven, Lord, Your worth,
Is told in Your love story.

No comments: