Friday, June 23, 2006

Virtue for Vomit

"I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it. But My people would not hearken to My voice; and Israel would none of Me. So I gave them up to their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their own counsels.... With honey out of the Rock should I have satisfied thee" (Psalm 81:10-16). "The morsel which thou hast eaten shalt thou vomit up, and lose thy sweet words" (Proverbs 23:8). "But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God.... Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (John 1:12,29).

Thank you, Lord! You took away
The vomit of my sin,
And gave Your virtue that I may
By grace be born again.

Thank You, Lord, for what You gave
And took away from me!
The vomit of my sin that clave
Is gone and I am free!

No comments: