Tuesday, August 08, 2023

Offer of the Older

Read:  Psalm 71 / Proverbs 8 / 1 Samuel 1 / Luke 12 

 

Psalm 71:18,19 ~ Now also when I am old... O God, forsake me not; until I have showed thy strength unto this generation... to every one that is to come... O God, who is like unto thee!

Proverbs 8:11 ~ For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

1 Samuel 1:27,28 ~ For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him: therefore... he worshiped the LORD there.

Luke 12:20,21 ~ But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

 

I know that I am growing older,

Yet while the Lord shall give me breath,

My offer should be wiser, bolder

To show His truth before my death. 

 

I prayed for children, whom God gave,

And now I am responsible

To show them Christ who died to save

And satisfy their hungry soul. 

 


No comments: