Monday, August 14, 2023

Hitherto and Hence

Read:  Psalm 77 / Proverbs 14 / 1 Samuel 7 / Luke 18

 

Psalm 77:12,13 ~ I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings. Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

Proverbs 14:26 ~ In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.

1 Samuel 7:12 ~ Samuel took a stone...  and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us.

Luke 18:1 ~ And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; saying... shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

 

The Lord has helped me hitherto;

And He will be my Helper hence.

What He has promised, He will do,

And this shall be my confidence. 

 

Just as the Ebenezer stone

Would bring remembrance of God's aid,

I’ll call to mind His mercy shown  

With help He gave me when I prayed.  

 


No comments: