Thursday, August 10, 2023

Compel them to Come!

Read:  Psalm 73 / Proverbs 10 / 1 Samuel 3 / Luke 14

 

Psalm 73:28 ~ It is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

Proverbs 10:5 ~ He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame.

1 Samuel 3:19 ~ And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground.

Luke 14:23 ~ Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

 

There is a work that cannot wait

As death and judgment yet draw near. 

The Gospel we communicate 

Should make our Savior’s mercy clear. 

 

His words convey the joyful sound

That rescues sinners from their sin.

In Christ there is a Refuge found; 

Let us compel them to come in! 



No comments: