Monday, April 27, 2020

Reproved and Restored

Read:  Psalm 141 / Proverbs 27 / Isaiah 1 /Luke 14 

Psalm 141:5 Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head.
Proverbs 27:5,6 Open rebuke is better than secret love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend.
Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Luke 14:8,9,43 Sit not down in the highest room… a more honorable than thou… Give this Man place… whosoever…  forsaketh not all that he hath… cannot be my disciple.

May God forbid us by His grace
To proudly sit or stand aloof,
Not giving Christ the highest place;
Let us be humbled by reproof! 

By grace our hearts shall be reproved,
And God shall thus restore our peace
As we are by this motive moved:
Let Christ increase as I decrease!  


No comments: