Friday, December 28, 2018

So Suddenly!

"Now it is in mine heart to make a covenant with the LORD God…  And Hezekiah rejoiced… for the thing was done suddenly" (2 Chronicles 29:10,36).  "Happy is he… whose hope is in the LORD his God… which keepeth truth forever" (Psalm 146:5,6).  "Whoso confesseth and forsaketh them [sins] shall have mercy.  Happy is the man that feareth [the Lord] always" (Proverbs 28:13,14).  "These are they which… have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb" (Revelation 7:14). 

The Lord will hear those who prepare
To seek Him with a godly fear.
I sought Him with a humble prayer,
And God inclined to me His ear.

The joy of Hezekiah's heart
So suddenly was mine as well,
For God was ready to impart
His grace that saved my soul from hell.

The Lord who keeps His Word forever
Has by His promise made me free. 
I know that Jesus Christ will never
Forsake me, as He promised me. 

O Lord, You heard me when I cried:  
So suddenly You saved my soul! 
Your grace and truth were then applied; 
Your blood has washed and made me whole.  

(Celebrating my 45th Born-Again Birthday today) 


No comments: