Saturday, September 02, 2017

Savior in the Sanctuary


"I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I… I am continually with Thee: Thou hast holden me by my right hand.  Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory" (Psalm 73:17,23,24).  "If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:4,5).  "We know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know Him… the true God, and eternal life" (1 John 5:20).

There is a place that I may go
Where God will make me understand
His lovingkindness He will show  
In Christ, who holds me by my hand. 

The sanctuary's quiet place
Is where the Savior guides my way. 
It's there I learn to seek His face
And hear His counsel every day. 

Within this quiet place I've found
The satisfaction of my thirst
With endless blessings that abound
From Jesus Christ, who loved me first. 

O Lord my Savior, as I tarry
To understand the things above,
I hear You in the sanctuary
Remind me of Your faithful love.  


2 comments:

Gambler said...

send it in to our daily bread

Quiet Time Poems said...

The Quiet Time Poems are certainly available to anyone who would like to display them in their ministry in order to glorify our Lord Jesus Christ, edify His people, or persuade the lost to receive Him. No permission is needed in that case. Thank you, Gambler, for your encouragement in the Lord. Feel free to offer the poems to anyone who may be encouraged by them.