Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Showers from our Shepherd


"Blessed is the man whose strength is in Thee… who passing through the valley of Baca [tears] make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools… O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer" (Psalm 84:5,6,8).  "The law of the wise is a fountain of life" (Proverbs 13:14).  "I will feed My flock… I will seek that which was lost… and I will make them… a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing" (Ezekiel 34:15,16,26).  "The prayers of the saints ascended up before God" (Revelation 8:4).

The man who daily seeks the Lord  
Shall go into this world of pain
With blessings from our God outpoured
Bestowed by His refreshing rain. 

We bring the news of Calvary's mountain
Where Christ our Shepherd paid the cost
To be salvation's flowing Fountain,
Who came to seek and save the lost. 

Our prayers ascending to God's throne
Precede the showers that He sends
Where His redemption is made known
With blessings that our Lord extends. 

O Lord our Shepherd, send the showers
As prayers arise for saving grace
And true revival that empowers
Your flock to serve You in this place.  


No comments: