Friday, September 15, 2017

Beloved Book


"Teach me Thy way, O LORD; I will walk in Thy truth: unite my heart to fear Thy name" (Psalm 86:11).  "The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge… The heart of the righteous studieth to answer" (Proverbs 15:14,28).  "I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities…  I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it" (Ezekiel 36:33,36).  "I took the little Book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey… and he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many" (Revelation 10:10,11).    

How sweet the words are in this Book
Wherein we hear our Savior's voice,   
Who teaches us to wisely look
And walk according to His choice.   

He teaches us in every season
To answer those with evidence
Who ask the underlying reason
For hope that has a clear defense. 

This Book declares our separation
From God because of sin He sees
Is remedied by His salvation
That cleanses our iniquities. 

From Your beloved Book, O Lord,
We take the precious words You gave,
Advancing with Your Spirit's sword
The only Gospel that will save.  


No comments: