Saturday, September 23, 2017

Contrast of His Comfort


"The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity... In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul" (Psalm 94:11,19).  "My son, give Me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe My ways" (Proverbs 23:26).  "Teach My people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean" (Ezekiel 44:23).  "Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb.  And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God" (Revelation 19:9). 

The thoughts of man are surely known
By God who calls them vanity. 
The comforts of the Lord have shown
His refuge from insanity. 

"Give Me thine heart," He says to me,
"And let thine eyes observe My ways." 
His truth has thereby made me free
To give my heart to Him with praise. 

The contrast now is very plain
Between the unclean and the clean,
Between the holy and profane,
Between the troubled and serene.

The contrast of Your comfort, Lord,
Is shown in those who shall attend  
The marriage feast that You afford
And those excluded in the end.  


No comments: