Thursday, January 07, 2016

Think on Him Thankfully


"Think on me when it shall be well with thee... Yet did not the chief butler remember Joseph, but forgot him" (Genesis 40:14,23).  "Yet show I unto you a more excellent way... For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known" (1 Corinthians 12:31; 13:12). 

How quickly the butler forgot
What Joseph had said in his cell,
To "think on me," but he did not
When life for this free man went well. 

The Lord knows we're prone to forget
And therefore commanded us all  
To ponder how He paid our debt,
And still we are slow to recall. 

God shows us His excellent way
By which we may think on His love
And grow in His grace everyday
Until we are with Him above. 

O Lord, as we think of Your grace
Abundantly poured on Your own,
We thank You, and soon face to face
We'll know You just as we are known!  


No comments: