Friday, January 01, 2016

Time to Turn


"When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream... Turn again our captivity, O LORD, as the streams in the south" (Psalm 126:1,4).  "Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you" (Proverbs 1:23).  "But this I say, brethren, the time is short... for the fashion of this world passeth away" (1 Corinthians 7:29,31). 

When I first turned to Christ my Savior,
It seemed as if it was a dream   
That God extended thus His favor
To sinners whom He would redeem! 

Now as this world stands aloof,
Indifferent to the price He paid,
So many still despise reproof,
Though judgment shall not be delayed. 

The time to turn is very short;
Eternity is very long! 
The Lord has proven His report;
His Word is tried and never wrong. 

Lord, on this first day of the year,
As there is time to turn today,
Renew my heart with godly fear
To follow You without delay.  


No comments: