Friday, January 29, 2016

Passover Peace


"I will execute judgment: I am the LORD... and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you" (Exodus 12:12,13).  "I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety" (Psalm 4:8).  "Whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe" (Proverbs 29:25).  "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ... And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them" (Galatians 6:14,16). 

The judgment promised by the Lord
In Egypt was approaching fast,   
Yet by the blood He would afford
A hiding place where judgment passed. 

There is a place that offers peace
Beneath the blood of Christ today,
Where captives find their sweet release 
And all our sins are washed away. 

We hear our Savior's invitation
To dwell in safety through His blood
And thus escape the condemnation
Like Noah in the global flood. 

Passover peace, O Lord, is found
In You alone, our Hiding Place,
As mercies from Your cross abound
Where we are rescued by Your grace.  


No comments: