Wednesday, January 20, 2016

I Am Is Able


"Moses said unto God, Who am I?... And He said, Certainly I will be with thee... And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM" (Exodus 3:11-14).  "Great is the LORD... and I will declare Thy greatness" (Psalm 145:3,6).  "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?" (Proverbs 20:9).  "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds... bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:4,5). 

When Moses answered "Who am I?"
He heard the God of Abraham
Commission him by His reply  
And by His name, the great "I AM."

The question we should rather ask
Should be about our awesome Savior,
Who gives His grace with every task
That He commands in our behavior. 

His greatness is unsearchable,
Who cleanses us from every sin,
Who purifies and saves our soul
For which He gave His life to win. 

You're still the great I AM, O Lord,  
Who makes us able in each place
To pull down strongholds with Your sword
As we proclaim Your saving grace.  


No comments: