Monday, January 25, 2016

Finger on Faith


"The magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God... I am the LORD in the midst of the earth.  And I will put a division between My people and thy people" (Exodus 8:19-23).  "Praise God... for His mighty acts" (Psalm 150:1,2).  "A faithful messenger... refresheth the soul... as cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news" (Proverbs 25:13,25).  "I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20). 

Magicians gave a true report
To Pharaoh in their fearful hour:
The facts that they could not distort
Displayed the finger of God's power. 

God's finger points now to the facts
That show the truth of saving grace,
Exhibiting His mighty acts
With evidence we can embrace. 

The finger of our faith must point
To God and to His saving favor.
The messengers He will anoint
Declare the Gospel of our Savior. 

Lord, as Your finger points above
To where You're seated on Your throne,
Our faith beholds Your wounds of love
Which You display to all Your own.   


No comments: