Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Who is Who


“Moses said unto God, Who am I?… And He said, Certainly I will be with thee… And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name? what shall I say unto them?  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you” (Exodus 3:11-14).  “The foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His.  And, Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity” (2 Timothy 2:19). 

The questions Moses asked the Lord
Are here for us ponder too,
And thus His answers are explored
As God reveals who is who.

When Moses asked Him, “Who am I?”
In terms of his ability,
God strengthened him with His reply
By saying “I will be with thee.”

When Moses asked, “What shall I say”
When they shall ask “What is His name?”
The Lord revealed on that day
The great “I AM” he would proclaim. 

How gracious is the Lord our God
Who has revealed who He is,
And here where holy ground was trod,
He comforts those He knows are His. 

The Lord who promised Abraham
Had not forgotten what He said.
He is the faithful, great “I AM”,
And by His presence, we are led.

We’re standing on this sure foundation:
Our God and Savior knows His own, 
And those who have His great salvation
Should live a life that makes Him known.

The list of “Who is Who” is clear, 
Dividing now the saved and lost:
All those who trust in Christ appear
With Him who paid their ransom’s cost. 

Lord, as we stand on holy ground
Reflecting on this bush aflame,
We see Your image here is found: 
The “Tender Plant” who bore our shame. 

Lord, everything we hold soon scatters;
Our days on earth are few and fast. 
The only list that really matters
Is in Your Book of Life at last. 

So help us live, Lord, for Your glory
And fix our hearts on things above 
As we declare redemption’s story
And tell the lost about Your love.

We thank You, Lord, for confidence
In WHO You are and WHAT You’ve done. 
You are our Hero and Defense;
We are the grateful souls You’ve won!   


No comments: