Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Come and Comprehend

“Come and see the works of God… He turned the sea into dry land: they went through the flood on foot: there did we rejoice in Him… Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what He hath done for my soul” (Psalm 66:5,6,16).  “The Son of God… loved me, and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20). 

Come and see the works of God:
Behold His mighty hand!
Consider where His people trod:
The sea became dry land!

Come and view in history
What God Almighty did.
He gave His people victory;
His power was not hid.

Come and comprehend as well
What prophets clearly said:
Christ would save our souls from hell,
And rise up from the dead.

Come and hear of matchless love,
By which we are made whole:
Christ descended from above
To save the sinner’s soul!

Come and read redemption’s story,
How Christ has made us free!
Praise the Lord, and give Him glory:
He died for You and me!

There is no story on a shelf
Comparing to this one:
The Son of God thus gave Himself
That sinners might be won!

We thank You, Lord, for love Divine
Which we can clearly see:
You came to ransom souls like mine;
You gave Yourself for me!

No comments: