Sunday, July 08, 2012

Choosing our Changing

“I will hope continually, and will yet praise Thee more and more… O God, Thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared Thy wondrous works.  Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have showed Thy strength unto this generation, and Thy power to everyone that is to come” (Psalm 71:14-18).  “We should be to the praise of His glory” (Ephesians 1:12).

Now let us face reality: 
We’re changing as we’re growing older,
So will the person we shall be
Thus grow in grace, or just grow colder?

Some changes we cannot escape:
Our strength declines; our eyes grow dim.
Yet there are changes we may shape
By loving God and serving Him.

The Lord has taught us from our youth,
Instructing us since our new birth,
But have we grown in grace and truth,
Or grown attached to things on earth?

It’s time for us to squarely face
The outlook of our future goals.
Now are we pressing on with grace
To praise the Savior of our souls?

O Lord, You know our days are few,
And that we’re prone to wander still,
Yet more and more we’d live for You,
Rejoicing in Your perfect will.

No comments: