Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Choice not Chance

"Blessed is the man whom Thou choosest, and causest to approach unto Thee, that he may dwell in Thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of Thy house, even of Thy holy temple" (Psalm 65:4).

It wasn't a stroke of genius in me
That taught me the Gospel of grace,
Or "chance" that I heard it and happened to be
In just the right time and right place.

God was the One who ordered my way
And drew me with cords of His love!
God was the One, though I'd gone astray,
Who sought me from heaven above.

Chance didn't save me from ultimate loss
Nor ransom my soul from reproach.
Christ gave Himself by His death on the cross,
And caused me, by grace, to approach.

God chose to save me; I chose to believe
And to dwell in His presence forever.
By grace we are saved and a pardon receive,
Not by chance or by human endeavor!

No comments: