Saturday, March 20, 2010

Qualifying Questions

"Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?" (Proverbs 20:9). "And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. And I wept much.... And one of the elders said unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed... And I beheld, and lo... a Lamb as it had been slain" (Revelation 5:2-6).

Who can say he purified
His own heart from within?
No one ever qualified
To purge himself from sin!

Who is worthy now to look
Or loose the seals of
The wondrous volume of the book
Unveiling God's great love?

No wonder John then wept so much
When none were found in earth,
Nor yet in heaven were there such
Who qualified in worth!

Weep not, the elder did explain,
The Lion has prevailed.
He turned and saw the Lamb once slain,
Whose love had never failed.

These questions surely make me know
How sinful that I am,
And yet they also clearly show
How spotless is the Lamb!

Thank You, Lord! You qualified
To purge our sins alone!
You are the Lamb now glorified
And seated on Your throne!

Redeemer, Savior, Lamb, and Lord,
We glorify Your name,
As Your redeemed with one accord
Your matchless worth proclaim!

No comments: