Thursday, March 18, 2010

Higher than my Heart

"Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom. A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.... The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.... A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a Friend that sticketh closer than a brother" (Proverbs 18:1,2,10,24).

Compelled by restlessness of mind
I sought a higher place
Than my own wretched heart to find:
I found it in God's grace!

I found it in my Savior's name,
A strong and ready tower.
I ran therein and hid from shame,
And found His saving power.

I found in Christ a dearer Friend
Than seen in any other.
His faithful love will never end;
He's closer than a brother.

This restlessness of mind and heart
Throughout the earth abroad
Is from the Lord that we might start
To seek and find our God!

Thank You, Lord, for such unrest
Your Spirit stirred within,
That we might seek You and be blest,
And washed from all our sin!

No comments: