Thursday, March 11, 2010

Boundless Blessings

"Then went king David in, and sat before the Lord, and he said, Who am I, O Lord God? And what is my house, that Thou hast brought me hitherto? And this was yet a small thing in Thy sight, O Lord God; but Thou hast spoken of Thy servant's house for a great while to come.... And what can David say more unto Thee? For Thou, Lord God, knowest thy servant" (2 Samuel 7:18-20).

O God my Savior, who am I,
That You have brought me hitherto?
What is my house, O Lord, and why
Should I be valued so by You?

As David was astonished so
At Your amazing love and favor,
Your grace to me, O Lord, I know
Is no less wondrous in my Savior.

O Lord, You know your servant well,
How hopeless I would surely be,
Unless You plucked my soul from hell
And by Your mercy rescued me.

And what could David yet say more?
His speechlessness I understand,
For I, like David, can't ignore
Such boundless blessings from Your hand!

No comments: