Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Have my Heart

"Teach me Thy way, O Lord; I will walk in Thy truth: unite my heart to fear Thy name" (Psalm 86:11). "My son, give Me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe My ways" (Proverbs 23:26).

O Lord, hear my prayer, and attend to my voice,
For You are my only Defender:
Lord, teach me Your way; there is no other choice
But falling in sinful surrender.

I'll walk in Your truth, or I'll walk in my shame;
There isn't a third option found!
My heart is united by fearing Your name,
Or by double-mindedness bound.

I've heard Your reply, Lord; it fills me with praise
To hear You say, "Give Me thine heart!"
Now here I am found, Lord, observing Your ways
And finding the grace You impart!

Lord, You are the One who prompts us to pray
When otherwise we never would.
O Lord, have my heart that is so prone to stray
From following You as I should!

No comments: