Saturday, March 06, 2010

Eternally Extolled

"I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify Him with thanksgiving" (Psalm 69:30).

I will praise the name of God;
Now let my song begin!
Let silence now be counted odd
And coldness seen as sin.

I will magnify the Lord:
Thanksgiving is my theme
For blessings now upon me poured,
Much more than I could dream!

O how great was the expense
For blessings poured on me!
My Savior came to my defense
And died on Calvary!

I did not think to look for Him;
He sought me nonetheless.
He drank my cup filled to the brim
With my unrighteousness.

What can I say? What shall I do
To rightly now extol
The name of God who would pursue
And rescue thus my soul?

My human words shall not suffice,
Nor time that's left on earth,
To thank Him for His sacrifice
And magnify His worth!

Eternity won't be too long,
O Lord, to give You thanks!
I'll sing to You my grateful song
With all the blood-bought ranks!

No comments: