Friday, February 26, 2010

Rise to the Rock

"When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I" (Psalm 61:2). "The Lord is gracious.... To whom coming, as unto a living Stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God and precious, ye also, as lively stones, are built up.... Wherefore also it is contained in the Scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a Chief Corner Stone, elect, precious, and he that believeth on Him shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe He is precious" (1 Peter 2:3-7).

Led to the Rock that is higher than I,
I find there the joy of eternal salvation!
Christ is that Rock, now exalted and high,
The Chief Corner Stone, our precious Foundation.

Led by the comfort of His staff and rod,
Lifted by Him with a strength not my own,
I rise by the grace of my Savior and God,
To the Rock that is higher, the true Living Stone.

Led by the Hand that will never let go,
Loved by the Heart will not cease to love,
I rise to the Rock and behold earth below,
Revived with affection for things up above.

No comments: