Friday, February 05, 2010

Courageous Coming

"Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I COME to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts" (1 Samuel 17:45). "Sacrifice and offering Thou didst not desire.... Then said I, Lo, I COME: in the volume of the book it is written of Me, I delight to do Thy will, O My God" (Psalm 40:6-8). "Consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus, who was faithful to Him that appointed Him" (Hebrews 3:1).

Goliath had a spear and sword;
He also had a shield,
But David glorified the Lord
Upon that battle field.

He set aside the armor worn
And went forth with his staff;
He heard Goliath loudly scorn
And arrogantly laugh.

Here we see a glimpse of Christ,
Who set aside His splendor,
And on the cross was sacrificed,
To be our sole Defender!

Lord, we thank you, that You came;
Alas! If You had not,
We would have perished in our shame,
Unless You bravely fought!

Faithful Lord, our great High Priest,
We thank You that You braved
The battle for our souls that ceased
When by You we were saved!

No comments: