Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Focused on the Finisher

"Let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him that endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds" (Hebrews 12:1-3).

Attentive to the Author of salvation's wondrous grace,
Running with the patience that His faithfulness inspires,
Focused on the Finisher of faith to run this race,
I lift my eyes to see Him whom my longing heart desires.

There He stands amidst the cloud of witnesses above,
Assuring us that He'll complete the work that He began!
Saints and angels lift their praise for His redeeming love
That prompted Him to bear our sins according to His plan!

Here, O Lord, I find Your strength again to see me through,
As I recall that You endured the cross of my disgrace!
So teach me to consider well and fix my faith on You,
Until I cross the finish line and see You face to face!

No comments: