Monday, June 08, 2009

Straying yet Staying

"I have longed for Thy salvation, O Lord, and Thy law is my delight.... I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Thy servant, for I do not forget Thy commandments" (Psalm 119:174, 176).

It is not hidden, Lord, from You
That sometimes we have strayed,
Yet still we hold to what is true,
And in Your Word have stayed.

To whom else shall we go today
To hear that which is right?
Though like sheep we've gone astray,
In God's Word we delight.

Seek Your servants, Lord, we pray,
For we cannot forget
That You have led us all the way
And all our needs have met.

And yes, I know that it seems odd,
That there would be a season
When ransomed sheep yet stray from God,
Though there's no valid reason.

Faithful Shepherd, come and bless,
And we shall be restored;
And lead us in Your righteousness
Until we're home, O Lord.

No comments: