Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Understanding for the Undertaking

"I am Thy servant; give me understanding, that I may know Thy testimonies" (Psalm 119:125). "If thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding.... then shall thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of His mouth cometh knowledge and understanding" (Proverbs 2:3,5).

Lord, You see the work at hand
And what Your servants need.
Help me, therefore, understand
And follow where You lead.

Lord, I'm lifting up my voice
For truth and understanding.
I am committed to the choice
To do as You're commanding.

Lord, I am Your servant too
With those who do Your will.
I've made my choice to follow You,
And You uphold me still.

Lord, I know that for each task
There is wisdom You impart,
And therefore I will daily ask
For an understanding heart.

No comments: