Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Humility

"Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me" (Psalm 131:1). "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?.... Man's goings are of the Lord; how can a man then understand his own way?" (Proverbs 20:9,24). "In that hour, Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank Thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that Thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and has revealed them unto babes" (Luke 10:21).

Lord of heaven and of earth,
I find I'm in my happiest state,
When I contemplate Your worth,
Confessing You alone are great!

I cannot do the simplest thing,
Such as cleanse myself from sin.
I'm trusting You alone to bring
The grace my heart rejoices in.

I cannot even understand
The things pertaining to my way.
My purposes are in Your hand,
As are my goings everyday.

I am resolved to hear Your voice
And do Your will for me revealed,
And in humility rejoice
That by Your grace I'm cleansed and healed!

No comments: