Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Perfect Peace Plan

"My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace. I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war" (Psalm 120:6,7). "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you" (Luke 6:27,28).

My soul has lived for quite a while
With those despising peace,
Who cloak their hatred with a smile,
Yet cursing does not cease.

We have our orders from above,
God's plan for peace so wise,
To fight our enemies with love,
Though they may still despise.

For God has shown to us His will
Toward our foes today:
That we should love and bless them still,
Do good to them, and pray.

No, it's not the strategy of man
(Nor the way that we would choose);
But it surely is God's perfect plan,
By His Spirit He will use.

The plan of peace that guarantees
The battle will be won
Is fought in prayer upon our knees
To glorify God's Son.

No comments: