Friday, January 09, 2009

Wellpleasing Work

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble.... the Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: Thy mercy, O Lord, endureth forever: forsake not the works of Thine own hands" (Psalm 138:7,8). "Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (Hebrews 13:20,21).

The Lord will continue His work in my life,
Until He's completed the work of His hands.
In each situation, in peace or in strife,
All things conform to His sovereign commands.

The unfailing love of my Shepherd and Savior
By His perfect wisdom and infinite might,
Works in my heart and my outward behavior
His wellpleasing plan in His merciful sight.

The Great Shepherd God brought again from the dead,
Now seated forever on His glorious throne,
Who never forsakes us, will do as He said,
His wellpeasing work in each one of His own.

No comments: