Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lord and Lifter

"Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But Thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head" (Psalm 3:2,3). "Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place. For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again" (Proverbs 24:15). "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations" (2 Peter 2:9).

Many there are who might say of my soul:
Now there goes a pitiful case!
But God has reminded me He's in control;
He governs my life with His grace.

The Lord is the Comfort and Refuge of all
Who call on Him when they are low.
He is their Lifter when His children fall,
Their Shield against every foe.

The Lord surely knows the way very well
To deliver His own from temptation.
He Who has rescued His children from hell,
Preserves them in each situation.

Savior and Lord, we rest in Your love
That shields our souls from our shame
And lifts us to set our affections above
With all who delight in Your name.

No comments: