Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Servant Supplications

"Hear me.... Cause me.... Deliver me.... Teach me.... Lead me.... Quicken me.... for I am Thy servant" (Psalm 143:7-12).

Dear Lord, as Your servant I make supplication;
In order to serve You I've brought You my list.
I'm spreading before You my long application,
And I will be back if there's something I missed.

First, I will need Your attention above
To hear every prayer that I'm bringing to You.
Secondly, cause me to hear of Your love,
And cause me to know in my walk what to do.

Thirdly, dear Savior, deliver my soul
From all of my foes from without and within.
Fourthly, Lord, teach me to do as I'm told,
And not to slide backward again into sin.

Fifthly, Lord, lead me by Your Holy Spirit
Right to the center of Your perfect will.
Sixthly, regarding Your will when I hear it,
Quicken my heart by Your grace to fulfill.

Dear Father, I think that will do it for now.
I know that You don't really need me to serve,
Yet You have employed me and thus shown me how
To ask for the grace that I do not deserve.

No comments: