Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christ Cared

"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path.... I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto Thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my Refuge and my Portion in the land of the living" (Psalm 142:3-5).

I was overwhelmed inside
And couldn't find a soul to care,
Then at last my spirit cried:
Show me, God, if You are there!

Surrounded then by apathy
With no one caring for my soul,
The vortex of eternity
Drew me with relentless pull.

I didn't know that Christ would care!
I didn't know that He would hear
My feeble cry, my anguished prayer:
I didn't know that He was near.

But Jesus pulled me with His hand
To the shelter of His love
To be my Portion in this land,
And my Advocate above.

Lord, You knew me on that path,
And You drew me to that place
To there escape eternal wrath
By finding refuge in Your grace.

Thank You, Lord, that when I cried,
My remedy had been prepared:
For on the cross You suffered, died,
And gave Yourself— because You cared.

No comments: