Saturday, January 10, 2009

Searching my Sincerity

"O Lord, Thou hast searched me, and known me.... Thou understandest my thought afar off.... for there is not a word in my tongue, but lo, O Lord, Thou knowest it altogether.... Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:1,4,23,24).

Before a word has reached my tongue,
Before my thought has formed a word,
Before my praises have been sung,
Lord, You've searched them and have heard.

Since, O Lord, You search my heart,
And since You understand my ways,
Try me, Lord, and thus impart,
A heart that's cleansed to give You praise.

Surely, Lord, there's much You hear
That demands Your clear reproof.
Am I callous or sincere?
Am I earnest or aloof?

Search and cleanse my heart today,
For this is what I daily need.
Purge from me each wicked way,
And I will walk where You will lead.

No comments: